Memphis has a great scene if you are in the Tech industry. There are quite a few user groups to visit. If you are not already involved with a local user group, you should get involved. There are a lot of groups in Memphis and there are some really great people participating in them. If you are already a part of a local user group, I challenge you to visit other user groups and help spread the word of your group to others. If there isn't already a user group for you, contact us. We'll do what we can to help you start one.
The tech scene in Memphis is what we make it. Let's make it awesome.
Active Tech Groups
- Memphis Computer Co-Op
- Memphis ISSA - Information Systems Security Association
- Memphis PASS Chapter - Professional Association for SQL Server
- Memphis PHP Group - PHP And related technologies
- Memphis Python User Group - Primary purpose is to share knowlege and to nurture a community of Python professionals and enthusiasts
- Memphis Ruby Users Group - New Ruby Users group, oart of Memphis Tech User Groups
- Memphis Web Workers User Group - Meetups on second Tuesday of every month, 6:00 pm
- Memphis Sharepoint User Group -
- Memphis Startup - For entrepreneurs, geeks, tech enthusiasts, developers
- Midsouth Makers - Local Hacker/Maker space
- Memphis Technology User Groups
- Mid-South/Memphis Java User Group - Group for software developers in Memphis, Tennessee and the surrounding Mid-South.
- NetSquared Memphis Meetup Group - NetSquared is a nonprofit organization focused on the intersection of technology and social impact
- Project Management Institute – Memphis Chapter - PMIMEMPHIS chapter strives to promote the profession of Project Management
- Social Media Expedition - An unofficial group of people interested in using, discovering, discussing, sharing, and enabling Social Media
- WordPress Memphis - For newbies and geeks alike, we'll walk through our study of WordPress together.
- Memphis OWASP Open Web Application Security Project (Inactive - Restarting soon)
- Memphis IIBA Chapter - Closed Service in Memphis 12/2012
- GOLUM (Group of Linux Users Memphis)